- Project Feeder Watch continues, feederwatch.org
- Audubon's Christmas Bird Count is this month
- Look for Pine Siskin and Purple Finches at your feeders.
- Provide a blend with enough white millet to satisfy the increase in ground feeding birds like towhees and juncos.
- Great Horned Owls are pairing up this month ñ listen for their "who" calls.
- Smith's Longspurs arrive for their brief visit to the north-central part of our region.
- Every variety of Red-tailed Hawk has arrived to winter here, along with a few Rough-legged and Ferruginous Hawks.
- This is a great time to teach chickadees and titmice to feed from your hand.
- Watch for late waterfowl migrants such as Northern Shovelers, mergansers, Ruddy Ducks and Common Goldeneyes.
- Fox and Gray Squirrels' mating seasons.
- Wintering Woodcocks start to display late in the month.
- Geminid Meteor Shower is mid-month.