Wild Birds Unlimited of Hilton Head is seeking one or more part-time sales associates to join our team — 20-30 hours per week. The ideal candidate will also be interested in learning more about our business operations, and transitioning to a manager role over time. Current or previous membership in an Audubon chapter, local birding group, or experience working at another Wild Birds Unlimited store is a big plus.
This is a fun job for someone with retail experience who enjoys bird watching, and is interested in helping others and learning more about one of the fastest growing hobbies in the U.S.
- Reliable and friendly and treats others with respect
- Previous retail experience — enjoys helping customers
- Very comfortable using a Windows PC and point-of-sale system
- Able to lift 40+ lbs
- Has basic knowledge of backyard bird species found in the Lowcountry
- Enjoys a work day that can include a variety of tasks
- Comfortable working solo for stretches of time
- Able to work without sitting for a good portion of the day
- Understands the importance of maintaining a neat, professional (yet casual) appearance
- Ability to work weekends and throughout the holiday season. We are open 7 days a week.
- Competitive wage - $10/hour with potential for increase after a probationary period
- Low-stress, clean and bright environment
- Employee discount
- Flexible hours and no evenings
- Company-provided logo shirts for work
- Satisfaction in helping people connect to nature
- Potential for transition to a managerial role
Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered. In your cover letter, please tell us why you think you'd be a good fit for the position. Email us at hiltonheadwbu (at) yahoo.com. Thank you!